SmilesCode may request and/or collect information from you voluntarily when you: register with us, post comments, or when you send questions via e-mail to smilescode.jp or smilescode.com (International) customer support. The requested information may include personal information such as:
1. Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, photos;
2. Your financial information, including your bank account and credit card details;
3. Any other information that we may need to identify you as well as any information that you provide to us on our website
4. We may collect personal information where you input information into our website, purchase our goods, sign up to our newsletter, and/or from cookies and traffic data.
We may use your data in the following ways:
- To provide you with our goods and services
- To improve our goods and services
- To send you updates and promotional information relating to our products
- For research purposes. Some of the data provided may be de-identified e.g. no name or reference to data from which you are reasonably likely to re-identified by
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations
We may also disclose your personal information to:
Our employees, contractors, and third-party service providers. This includes social network providers and payment providers (e.g. for goods purchased from us with others that may manage our brand or product promotions) and for others that may develop or maintain our systems or technology which will enable us to enhance and better our offering for your continued use;
Those parties who we are required to provide your personal information to by law, for example, to comply with a court order, prevent illegal use or to defend third party claims;
Associated businesses that may wish to market products to you; and
Those persons that we may sell all or a portion of our business to, as well as their agents and advisors.
If you wish to sign up for our newsletter, you will be asked to supply personal information such as your e-mail address. With your permission, SmilesCode uses such information to periodically contact you with product information news, special offers, and new events that are released.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting us through email@example.com. If direct marketing is by email you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will pay attention to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
As part of our regular business conduct, we may share information with companies or individuals providing services or acting on our behalf, such as companies providing technological or fulfillment services. If there is a change of corporate ownership, the new owners will, of course, be provided with our files, including information you have submitted. We will also share information with government officials, including law enforcement officials or court authorities, to cooperate with a legitimate investigation. We have adopted some measures to ensure that the security of your personal information is maintained. Such measures include:
- The adoption of internal practices, procedures, and systems – this includes the training of staff concerning the risks and threats to personal information, providing them with access to our internal policies and procedures on this issue and taking disciplinary action if they are found to have breached our policies;
- Access security – we ensure that access to personal information is provided on a ‘need to know’ basis and is secured with password protection;
- Destruction and de-identification – when we no longer need your personal information for the purposes detailed in this policy or as required by law, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the personal information that we have collected
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from our partners or third parties. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through our website.
Unless we tell you first (such as at the time we collect information), or unless it is part of a specific program or feature in which you have elected to participate, we do not share personal information that we have collected (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their own commercial or marketing purposes.
From time to time we may include links to other websites as a service to you. The third-party sites are operated by companies that are outside of our control, and your activities at those sites will be governed by the policies and practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of these third parties before disclosing any personally identifiable information, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
To personalize the site, and to simplify the registration process, we give you the option to link your account with Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Pinterest/LinkedIn. When you link your account, the mentioned social media platforms may share data about you with us, and we may share information about you with these platforms. To avoid the unwanted transfer of your usage data (e.g., address of the currently visited page) to these platforms, you will only be able to access them by clicking on the link. The aforementioned social networks may collect usage and possibly user data. We have no control over the data collected and data processing activities, nor are we aware of how much data is collected, the purposes of the processing, or the storage periods. Nor do we have any information on the erasure of the data collected by the plugin provider.
Your browser may not establish a direct connection to the servers of the aforementioned services until you click on the links. This means that the information that you have visited our website is indirectly (referrer) forwarded to these services. If you are already logged in to the service with your user account during your visit to our website, you can usually click on the social media buttons to "share" the content or leave a comment, etc. If you do not wish any such data transfer, we advise against clicking on the social media buttons. The purpose and scope of data collection by social media services, as well as the further processing and use of your data there and your rights and options for setting your privacy preferences, can be found in the privacy policies for these services.
- Enhance your online website experience;
- To track and report on website usage;
- To personalize your experience and make it easier for you to do what you want.
You can change your browser’s cookie settings via your browser privacy settings.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you
SmilesCode may also collect your IP address for safety and security purposes. An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet.
Other non-personal information collected by SmilesCode is in the form of logs - files that record website activity, including how many "hits" a particular web page is getting (a.k.a., "click-through data"). For example, log file entries are generated every time a visitor clicks the "Home" icon on our site. These entries enable SmilesCode to assess overall site activity, track interest in advertised sales, track interest in purchase behavior, and troubleshoot technical concerns.
You may seek to access, delete (where permitted by law), or correct personal information that we hold about you. We will provide that access under the applicable laws, however, there are certain exemptions, which may apply to the provision of that information. In certain circumstances, we may charge a reasonable administration fee for granting access to information.
If we have obtained your consent to process certain personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you would like to obtain access to or correct personal information, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org